POSITION: Data Analyst
Resourcefully is looking for a new colleague to join our Renewable & Mobility energy analysis work and to strength the design and modelling components to maximize the use of renewables and to optimise mutual growth and network integration. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight supporting scenario’s and decisions.
Resourcefully is an environmental consultancy, established in 2009 and located in Amsterdam. It provides services ranging from project management tasks and technical expertise to both public and private sector clients in the Netherlands and the European Union.
SmartGrids for renewable energy projects are the core business of Resourcefully. The work is designed to provide creative advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues for energy resource management.
With broad expertise on sustainability and especially renewable and e-mobility optimisation, the Resourcefully team often engages into the design and support of EU fund raising initiatives, project management and strategic advice to the renewable energy management and development sectors.
This position is targeted to the further application of the ME-Dashboard an application improving the design in the city for charging infrastructure, solar energy, storage and smart EV charging. Maximising local renewable energy flow, optimizing e-mobility growth and the use of the electricity network.
- Knowledge of and experience with R in order to initiate, share and brainstorm about developing packages that can serve to organize the knowledge.
- Experience with the development R packages and/or with software development would be appreciated. In addition, applied knowledge of and experience with C++ and NodeJS would be of interest complementing internal R skills.
- Experience with Web infrastructure, IoT and affinity with energy systems and electric vehicles will be a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Typical activities include:
- Development of interfaces for neighbourhoods to monitor and simulate the use of charging stations, local energy production and grid loads;
- The analysis and prediction of energy use of household and enterprises build environment and EV charging impacts. The analysis of energy use of charging stations for electric vehicles based on charging data (knowing how to use R for data analysis is required). Further development and integration of data dashboards on electric mobility/energy;
- Model/Simulate the potential of locally produced solar energy per neighbourhood and the effects of smart charging of the use of sustainable energy in electric vehicles (for typical neighbourhoods in Amsterdam) based on data from smart charging stations;
- Model the effects of V2G on the use of sustainable energy in electric vehicles in different settings.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a diverse and dynamic position in a challenging and friendly environment. Preferably we employ the data analyst part-time. Last, we believe that being self-motivated and autodidact is a big requirement. Details are to be discussed depending on the experience and quality of the candidate.
Information and Application:
If you would like to have more information, do not hesitate to contact Hugo Niesing at +31 6 51731190 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send a motivation letter and your CV to the above email address.